How To Shop
We think we have lots of lovely yarn suitable for weaving on all types of looms. Lots of what we stock is also loved by knitters, crocheters, lacemakers embroiderers and quilters. We also want you to be pleased with your purchase and offer a 28 day no quibble money back guarantee. We are happy to help you choose the right yarn for your project and will suggest another provider if we are unable to help with your requirements. We will always try to help if you get stuck or need some advice and if we can't help we will try and suggest someone who can.
Here's how to view items and place your order on the My Fine Weaving Yarn shop.
You can access our site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope that you'll find using our new website quick and convenient.
The menu at the top of the page indicates each section of the shop. You can either view all the yarns in each section or narrow it down by clicking on the type of yarn you are looking for to be taken to the virtual shelf in the shop for that brand or type.
So to make it easier to find a specific item you can either use the subcategories to narrow down your selection, or if you want to be even more precise, try making use of our powerful filter options.
For example, if you're trying to find 'green yarn', typing 'green' in the search box will show you all the green yarn we stock. You can then narrow it down by selecting from the categories in the left hand menu.
To narrow down your search further you can "Add to Compare". Clicking on the "Compare" button will open a new window displaying your selection along with information on each yarn, suggested setts and uses.
You can also use the compare function to see how the colours you have chosen look together.
- Once you have found something you would like to purchase click on the "Add To Basket". This takes you then in to the shopping basket, from here you can either choose to continue shopping or you can "Proceed To Checkout".
- Once you have proceeded to checkout this then takes you through to the Sign In or Register page.
- If you are an existing customer you will need to input your email address and password to sign in. You'll then be shown a summary and your registered details. Check and proceed to select shipping and then payment.
- If you are a new customer you can either checkout as a guest or register an account. It requires only two extra fields to register an account and will benefit you in future purchases. Complete the required fields, select shipping and then proceed to payment. Please be assurred that signing up for an account is safe. We don't store your payment details and will only contact you if you give us your permission. We don't pass on your details to anyone else unless we are required to do so by law.
- Once all stages have been completed, press the "Place Your Order" button, your order will be processed, and you will be directed to the confirmation page showing your order number. An email will then be sent to yourself confirming your order. Once your order has been despatched we will send you another email with tracking information if this is relevant. Royal Mail barcodes advise if a package is still in the system or an attempt has been made at delivery. Please see the Postage page for more information on postage.
Have a question or want to order by phone?
We are always happy to answer your queries and give advice. Please call to speak to us +44 (0)1455 554647, we can also take orders and payments over the phone.
We are open from 10.00 - 2.00 Monday - Friday. We are often around on Saturdays too but can't promise to be available every Saturday. If we are away from the phone please leave a message and your number and we will get back to you as soon as we can. If we are closed a message on the phone will advise when we will reopen and will be able to call you back. We may call you back outside of our opening hours, please advise in your message if this will be inconvenient.
Our announcments page will have the most up to date information on our opening days and time, it will also tell you when we are closed.
Ordering by Post
To order by post please download, print & fully complete our order form »
Please post the completed form with payment to :
My Fine Weaving Yarn
31 Macaulay Road
Shopping In Store
We don't have a physical shop but you are welcome to collect orders from our premises as long as we are available. Please ring to make an appointment before making a special trip. This service is currently suspended due to the Covid-10 Pandemic.
We are situated a few minutes drive from J20 of the M1 in South Leicestershire.